Monday, October 13, 2008

Maternity clothes here I come!


I'm now in my 18th week and I can no longer put off the inevitable... maternity clothes! I've been trying to squeeze every last day of life out of my current wardrobe (mostly as a cost saving measure), but the time has finally come.

Fortunately, I have a huge tub of hand-me-down clothes from various girlfriends of mine. These donations have definitely helped my problem, but sadly none of my friends were pregnant in the winter months. So, this weekend I hit the mall with the intent of bolstering my new wardrobe with winter wear.

And, to make the shopping even more fun, I have a friend who is also pregnant so we were able to shop together!

First stop... Old Navy. I'm very lucky that the Old Navy at our mall has a maternity section. It's tiny, but good for some basic staples that are super affordable. Unfortunately, they still have a lot of their summer stuff so I wasn't able to knock off too much there. I'm sure I'll be making a trip back there in a month or so.

Next stop... Mimi Maternity. This store had exactly what I needed. Unfortunately, it's more expensive than Old Navy, but I was raised by one of the smartest shoppers around so I knew just what to do... I headed straight for the sale rack. I managed to score some descent deals and get a lot for my money.

I now have a mini wardrobe which should get me through work as well as some good casual clothes for weekends. Now, if I can just find a good winter coat, I'll be all set.

1 comment:

Roberta Kent said...

Hmmm - I think you should come to New York for a little maternity clothes shopping. There is no tax on items below $120 or something like that. :)

 
Lijit Search