Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Prenatal workout

I'm in full swing now with my prenatal exercise activities.

Last night was my first prenatal aqua aerobics class. These classes are taught in a 93 degree swimming pool which feels great! I could have just floated for an hour and been perfectly pleased. Last night there were 9 pregnant women in all different stages of pregnancy. The class runs for an hour and includes some cardio (running) and a lot of muscle work (legs, arms, abs). The best part of the class is the giggling and stories from the other women. My plan is to hit this class every Monday night.

On Thursday nights I'm now going to prenatal yoga. I've never been a big yoga fan, but I figured it was another opportunity to meet more pregnant women and get some good stretching in for my aching back. The class was much harder than I expected. It's amazing how much your stomach can get in the way of most activities. Most surprising was how soar I was after class... for 2 days! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised considering my lack of most exercise since June.

So, between walking with Clementine, aqua aerobics and yoga, I think my exercise schedule is booked!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog updates.
Keep them coming!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

You are very organized and busy.

 
Lijit Search