Monday, November 17, 2008

Twins Sale

Saturday morning I experienced the feeding frenzy that is referred to as the Twins Sale. This sale happens twice per year and is a time where parents of twins can sell their used baby/kid gear and clothes. It's been called the mother load of all sales so of course I was compelled to check it out.

Since I'm a member, I was able to get in an hour early at 8:00am. My all-things-kids consultant, Cyndi, had been to the sale before so she knew the drill and coached me along the way. She picked me up at 7:15 to make sure we were there early enough to be in the front of the line. We ended up being about 5th which put us in great striking position when the doors opened. Now the rules are that members can get in an hour early, but I was able to bring a 'family member' since I'm pregnant and would need help. So, Cyndi became sister-in-law Cyndi for a couple of hours :-)

The sale held at a local church and is extremely well organized with different types of merchandise grouped together in different rooms. There's the stroller/car seat room, the bedding/blankets room, clothing room, etc. Cyndi had suggested that I have a shopping list ready to go so we knew the priority targets for the sale. We each had a copy and divided and conquered as soon as the doors opened.

After about an hour of good hunting and gathering, we both managed to score some great items and deals. I spent about $50 and probably ended up with about $300 worth of stuff that I would have had to buy anyway:
- infant bathtub ($3)
- boppy ($8)
- baby monitor ($15)
- crib sheets ($4)
- 2 blankets ($1.50 each)
- pack-n-play sheets ($4)
- changing pad ($8)

Such a deal! I was able to come home and remove a bunch of stuff that I had on my registry. I'm sold and I am now a twins sale loyalist!

No comments:

 
Lijit Search