Friday, March 20, 2009

It had to happen at some point

After 3 1/2 weeks as parents, we are on our own. It had to happen at some point. I guess it was a little bit unrealistic to think that I'd make it through my whole maternity leave with help, eh?

We had a fantastic week with Mom Mom Cindy here to help. She really jumped in and rolled up her sleeves. Besides doing laundry, bottle cleaning and every feeding, Cindy volunteered for the dreaded night shift for almost every night of her stay! Glutton for punishment? We just hope she didn't get too over worked and will want to come back.

We had some big accomplishments while Cindy was visiting. We managed to get out of the house for the kid's first outing to Pearl Street. And, we managed to get the kids in the stroller for a walk with Clementine around the neighborhood lake. Minor feats, but major to me for my sanity.

Today is the official first day of me handling the night shift and full day by myself. And... it looks like I'm going to survive (I hope I didn't just jinx myself). The boys have been fairly cooperative. A little fussy here and there, but no total melt downs. The down side is that I spent all day in my pjs, no shower, and no teeth brushing. But, the kids have clean diapers, aren't crying and are well fed. The sacrifices we parents make :-)

No comments:

 
Lijit Search