Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby Shower!

I am the luckiest person in the world. I had the most amazing baby shower!

I was especially grateful that my mom and Cara were able to fly in from Los Angeles for the weekend. It just wouldn't have been the same without them. My fabulous hostess (Cyndi, Christine, Kelly and Trina) spared no detail. Their special touches and thoughtfulness were over the top! I can't even begin to explain it... I'll let the photos tell the story at the end of this post.

As for the event...
We arrived at noon at Kelly's house to a house full of guests. We mingled for awhile and snacked until the hostess gathered everyone's attention for a welcome toast. Christine did the honors and had me crying within mere minutes (1st cry of many that day!). Then Trina introduced another special treat... she explained that there was a basket of books and asked each guest to leave a special message in each so when I read books to the boys, I can read these special notes. So sweet!

Next, we moved on to lunch and trivia. Cyndi and Kelly were very clever with this game. They created a quiz about twins and pop culture. Can you name the famous twins from Star Wars? Or, can you name the actors from the movies 'Twins'? What famous columnists are also twin sisters?

Next it was time to open presents (2nd cry). Kelly introduced the most amazing baby book ever. She created a book for Mark and I to read to the boys that is about us; where we're from, what we did when we were kids, how we met... all documented with photos collected from family. The book was passed around the room so each guest could read a page out loud. A very special gift!

Then the marathon of gift opening began. Now I know why they call it a shower since I was certainly showered with love and gifts. Everyone was so generous and thoughtful. It was so surreal!

My mom gave me a couple very special gifts (3rd cry). She gave me a book that she made for my grandmother about me and my first year. When my grandmother Dorothy passed away, my parents went through her apartment and found this book. My mom saved this book for 30 years and handed it off to me at the shower. I was stunned. And... my mom also gave me my baby book that she kept about my childhood. She was quite detailed about every milestone. I'm afraid I have a lot to live up to if I'm going to document the boys as well as my mom documented my childhood!

No comments:

 
Lijit Search